Date(s) - Sunday, November 7th - Monday, December 6th
Check out the video below to see Milwaukee Public Library teach us a craft where we will upcycle old objects to create a fireless menorah that your child or grandchild can safely light each night of Chanukah. Jannis Mindel, Children’s Librarian at the Good Hope Library Branch, demonstrates how to create this fun and beautiful menorah. Then find out why upcycling is an important way that we can create a more sustainable earth with a kid-friendly tour of Scrap Yard: Innovators of Recycling.
Pick up your Take & Make Kit that includes all the supplies you need to create this craft at the following sites beginning Monday, November 1 while supplies last:
– Jewish Museum Milwaukee (1360 N. Prospect Avenue, Milwaukee, WI 53202)
– Milwaukee Public Library Bay View Branch (2566 S. Kinnickinnic Ave. Milwaukee, WI 53207)
– Milwaukee Public Library East Branch (2320 N Cramer St, Milwaukee, WI 53211)
– Milwaukee Public Library Good Hope Branch (7715 W. Good Hope Road Milwaukee, WI 53223)
– Milwaukee Public Library Villard Square Branch (5190 N. 35th St. Milwaukee, WI 53209)
– Milwaukee Public Library Washington Park Branch (2121 N. Sherman Blvd. Milwaukee, WI 53208)
– Milwaukee Public Library Zablocki Branch (3501 W. Oklahoma Ave. Milwaukee, WI 53215)
In partnership with Milwaukee Public Library. In connection with Scrap Yard: Innovators of Recycling, an exhibit on display at the Jewish Museum Milwaukee, October 8, 2021 – January 30, 2022.
All Events >>