Stitching History from the Holocaust was on display at Jewish Museum Milwaukee from September 14, 2014 to March 1, 2015. The exhibit made a second appearance as Stitching HISTORIES From the Holocaust at Jewish Museum Milwaukee with additional, never-before-seen content, April 8 – September 16, 2018. Click here for a list of archived programs associated with the exhibit’s first and second run.
You can always see the original Hedy Strnad drawings in the Museum’s permanent exhibit.
Stitching History from the Holocaust is a traveling exhibit and will be on display at:
– National Czech & Slovak Museum & Library (Cedar Rapids, Iowa): November 2020 – March 2021
– Florida Holocaust Museum (St. Petersburg, Florida): April 2021 – October 2021
Previous venues include:
– Jewish Museum Maryland (Baltimore, Maryland): Spring-Summer 2019
– Birmingham Holocaust Education Center (Birmingham, Alabama): Winter 2019
– Holocaust Center Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania): Fall 2018
– Holocaust Memorial Center – Zekelman Family Campus (Farmington Hills, Michigan): June 22 – December 29, 2017
– Ruth Davis Design Gallery, School of Human Ecology, University of Wisconsin-Madison (Madison, Wisconsin): Fall 2016
– Jewish Museum of Florida at Florida International University (Miami Beach, FL): Winter 2016-2017
– Museum of Jewish Heritage-A Living Memorial to the Holocaust (New York, New York): April 13, 2016 – August 14, 2016
Interested in bringing this exhibit to your community? Learn more>>